Ancient Egypt Literacy Lesson Bundle
This lesson plan follows on from the Prime VR (Virtual Reality) workshop ‘Mystery of the Pyramids’ but can be used as a standalone Literacy lesson about imaginative recounts.
Your class can watch a series of short videos created by the BBC about Nakht, an Egyptian slave taken to work on the pyramids before having the chance to read a high-quality, imaginative diary entry from the perspective of Nakht which is specifically designed to match the writing expectations for Key Stage 2. They can search for the features of the diary entry using the writing checklists which are differentiated for LKS2 and UKS2 to gain an understanding of a good example.
They can then attempt to write their own diary entry using their notes from the model text and their writing checklist to ensure they have included the correct features to meet age related expectations for this text type.
What is included?
- A model imaginative recount from the perspective of Nakht, an Egyptian slave
- Links to short videos relating to Nakht on the BBC website
- A comprehensive lesson plan
- Diary writing checklists for LKS2 and UKS2
- A storyboard template (optional resource for younger or lower attaining pupils)
Curriculum links and topics:
- Ancient Egyptians
- Pyramids of Giza
- The Great Sphinx
|Subject||English, Primary, Virtual reality|